Skip to content
Statement of Faith:
We; the Full Gospel Church, (Assemblies of God) Ipswich, believe in:
- The divine inspiration, infallibility and authority of the Bible which is the unique, full and final authority on all matters of faith.
- The unity of the Godhead in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His real and perfect manhood. In His death for sinners on the cross, His literal and bodily resurrection, His ascension into heaven, His present exaltation and intercession in heaven on behalf of people.
- The fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
- Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, resulting in the changing work of the Holy Spirit in New Birth. Our new life is then motivated by love.
- Baptism by immersion in water, an outward physical act representing an inward spiritual change. Not essential for salvation, but obedience to the scriptures.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues and magnifying God.
- The operation of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit enables.
- Deliverance from sickness by divine healing as given by God’s grace.
- Regular attendance at the Breaking of Bread, or Communion, to remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary in which our love is expressed in obedience to His command.
- Holiness of life and conduct for service in obedience to the command of God attained by believers as they submit to the Holy Spirit in preparation for Christ’s return.
- The personal (Physical) return of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is the blessed hope of all believers. The resurrection of the body, the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ with eternal blessedness for the righteous, and the eternal punishment in hell for those who do not accept Jesus Christ as their only means of salvation.
- The necessity to nurture my relationship with Christ by conscientious attention to the study of scriptures, by prayer and worship both privately and wherever possible in fellowship with others.
- The support of the local church in attendance, action and finance.
- The Biblical pattern for the plurality of Godly leadership appointed by God and submissive to one another in response to the Biblical pattern of leadership, members of the body are taught in scripture to respect and support their leaders, submitting to them in obedience, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account to God. Eph. 4:11-16; Heb. 13:17.
- Conditions for membership are as set down in scripture and the consititution of the church. Teaching may from time to time be given on the Statement of Faith.